Adobe Flex Flash developer blog

Adventures of a Flex developer

NumericStepper mobile mobile optimized skin (Flash builder burrito)

Saturday 5 February 2011 by jonnysparkplugs

While I’ve been working on some Android/ Playbook apps with Air, I’ve noted a few spark components are not “mobile optimised”.  You have probably seen similar context information when coding:



I really wanted to use the NumericStepper in an Android app I’m currently working on.  So I created a new skin which makes the NumericStepper useable on a small device.  A running example can be found here (build as a web based project, not air) so you can run it in your browser.

You can also grab the source here or its available in the running project.


Filed under having  

2 comments:

Mark Fuqua said...

How is the performance? I thought it was a performance issue not a layout issue? I want to use about six of these on a specific view. Would that impact performance in a negative way?

Mark

ps. Hope you're still on the Flex bandwagon.

jonnysparkplugs said...

I wouldn't recommend it personally. I wrote this skin before the release of the 4.5 sdk. You could try the Spinner which was introduced in 4.6 sdk or perhaps take a look at http://e-skimo.com/

Post a Comment